Facebook undelivered error messages
This article covers common errors you might encounter regarding why your post might be rejected by Facebook when posting to your Facebook Page Profiles. It helps you understand what they mean and how to prevent it from happening the next time.
For any posts that haven't made it to Facebook, check your undelivered view for error messages in your dashboard by going to Publish > Undelivered and looking for the related error message:
Error Geo-targeting - problem reading targeted countries, cities or regions, please reset them
- Explanation: Geotargeting problem. Geotargeting settings are incorrect.
- Solution: Please check the settings for this profile as outlined on this page.
Any of the pages_read_engagement, pages_manage_metadata, pages_read_user_content, pages_manage_ads, pages_show_list or pages_messaging permission(s) must be granted before impersonating a user's page.
You do not have access to post to this Facebook Page or one or more of the necessary permissions were skipped when connecting the Sendible App in Facebook. To be able to post successfully, first ensure that you have the correct access to this Facebook Page via Facebook Business Manager. For more information about Facebook Business Manager, please see this page: [stripped link] Once you have done this, reconnect all the Facebook profiles that were set up by the Facebook Admin on your account. See this page for more information on reconnecting your Facebook profiles: [stripped link] Please make sure to accept all the requested permissions when reconnecting the Sendible App. Please reconnect your account from +Profiles or by visiting [stripped link]
- Explanation: This error message indicates that not all the permissions that are needed to post from third-party platforms have been selected.
- Solution: Reconnect your Facebook page and ensure to 'Select All' from the Edit Settings menuSee the article for instructions on how to reconnect your Facebook Page profile.
The user must be an administrator,
editor, or moderator of the page in order to impersonate it. If the page business requires two-factor authentication, the user also needs to enable two factor authentication.
- Explanation: This error message indicates that this Facebook user does not have enough admin permissions to create messages for this page via the API. Give the user more permissions to this Page to enable them to post to this Page. (Not admin).
- Solution: You would need to be made an admin to post. Please click here for guidelines to see the Page Roles setup.
Oauthexception: There was a problem connecting to Facebook.
- Explanation: Facebook is experiencing a problem with authenticating your account.
- Solution: Please reconnect this profile. Please click here for the steps.
You're restricted from acting as your Page until you complete Page Publishing Authorization. Switch back to your Primary Profile to complete authorization under - Settings - Account Settings - Identity Confirmation. Complete verification or you will be restricted indefinitely.
- Explanation: Your Facebook Page requires that your admins verify their identity and complete the Page Publishing Authorization process.
- Solution: Log into Facebook directly and follow the Page Publishing Authorization instructions.
For security reasons, your account has limited access to the site for a few days. If you have any questions, please contact our Help Center.
- Explanation: Your Facebook account has been restricted by Facebook.
- Solution: Some restrictions will expire after several days. If you still see this error after that time, you will want to ask Facebook what is required to reinstate your account.
There was a problem connecting
- Explanation: This error message indicates that the connection to your Facebook Page profile is broken where permission to post from third-party platforms has not been selected, and the profile needs to be reconnected.
- Solution: See the article for instructions on reconnecting your Facebook Page profile. Please ensure that "Select All" is checked in the Edit Settings view during that process. Thereafter try reposting your message from your Undelivered view.
This Page access token belongs to a Page that is not accessible.
- Explanation: Your Facebook Page cannot be reached due to privacy settings, or it may have moved to a different location on Facebook.
- Solution: Please reconnect the Facebook Page profile. Please click here for the steps.
#324 missing or invalid image file.
- Explanation: Make sure this post's images are valid and available for use by Facebook. Sometimes this happens if the wrong link is added when bulk importing.
- Solution: Please edit the message, re-add the image and look to post again.
It looks like the image, file or URL is not supported by Facebook when posting through a third party. Please try posting through Facebook directly.
- Explanation: The image, file or URL is not supported by Facebook. Most social sites do not allow you to link back to a post or similar on a social site.
- Solution: Please download the image from the social site, save it to your computer and send it.
Post content issues
Looks like the URL you are trying to use is not supported by Facebook when posting through a third party. Please try posting through Facebook directly.
- Explanation: Make sure this post's images are valid and available for use by Facebook. Sometimes this happens if the link is added when bulk importing.
- Solution: If you're attaching images from your computer, don't attach them to the CSV file because we won't be able to upload them that way. Instead of attaching them in the CSV file, attach them within the Bulk Compose Box when you're uploading the CSV file.
The URL you supplied is invalid.
- Explanation: This happens when you post a Facebook URL to Facebook.
- Solution: It's advisable not to post links from social sites such as Facebook.
An unknown Facebook error occurred,
please try again later.
- Explanation: This error message indicates that Facebook is experiencing some trouble on their side.
- Solution: Please wait 5-10 minutes and then try reposting your message from your Undelivered view.
Looks like there is a temporary Facebook server error. Please resend this post again later.
- Explanation: Temporary Facebook server error.
- Solution: Please try to send this post again in a few minutes.
Facebook did not confirm this post was successfully published. Please check on the Facebook Page directly to confirm if it was posted and resend this post if needed.
- Explanation: We provide you with that message when we cannot confirm that your post was successfully published. We opted to alert you to a potential problem rather than assume the best when your post actually failed to publish. This has been happening more frequently recently. We are looking into why Facebook is not reliably confirming posts.
- Solution: It is best to check your Facebook feed to verify the post has been published, as it often has. If it has not, reposting it usually works.
You cannot access the app till you log in to www.facebook.com and follow the instructions given.
- Explanation: A notice or other action must be taken directly on the Facebook site before third-party publishing will be allowed.
- Solution: Log into your Facebook account and follow the instructions provided there.
Still an issue?
No worries! We can take it from here.
Please submit a support ticket and be sure to mention you have gone through the typical troubleshooting steps. In addition, providing screenshots and including where you were and the steps you took when the issue happened will help us resolve it more quickly!