This article covers common reasons why your Instagram Business Account is not appearing when adding or reconnecting an Instagram Business Account Service.
There are a few different reasons this can happen so please go through the steps below in the order provided:
Check your Sendible Setup
Before troubleshooting the setup on Facebook, let's ensure that everything is setup properly on Sendible.
Head over to this article to and double check all the Instagram accounts, Facebook accounts and permissions are authorised correctly to publish posts to Instagram.
If you’ve followed all the steps in the above article but your Instagram Business Account (s) are still not displaying to select, you’ll need to move on to the following steps.
Check your Instagram Setup
After troubleshooting many scenarios and speaking with Facebook, we have confirmed that this issue is happening for one of the two reasons:
- Lack of necessary Admin permissions via Facebook or Facebook Business Manager
- Incorrect profiles linking between Facebook and Instagram Business Accounts
Within this article, we'll cover everything you need to know around the correct permissions with step-by-step troubleshooting steps based on your Facebook Page setup and additional useful articles.
For agencies that are managing multiple Instagram Business Profiles on behalf of their clients, Facebook is directing all agencies to have the Agency Level Setup to ensure smooth reconnections and publishing of messages via third-party platforms like Sendible.
Identifying your Facebook Page setup?
As once you get the setup with the right permissions, Facebook / Instagram accounts are correctly linked - this issue most likely will no longer occur!
What has Facebook to do with Instagram? Good question!
As you're aware Instagram is owned by Facebook and every Instagram Business account must be linked to Facebook Page. There may sometimes be issues with the step between Instagram and Facebook that can prevent our successfully retrieving your Instagram Account(s).
There are three different types of permissions that can be setup for your Facebook Page.
1. Please navigate to your Facebook Page and go to Settings > Page Roles.
Compare your page roles to the examples seen in the images below:
An Editor access is not sufficient for posting.
If your Page Roles look the same as above and you are listed as an Admin, then the Default Page Setup has been used. To troubleshoot this kind of setup, jump to this section.
2. If you see Page Owner under Page Roles as per the image below:
The Advanced Page Setup has been used and the Page is managed by Facebook Business Manager. To troubleshoot this kind of setup, jump to this section.
3. If you see message Go to Business Manager to manage this Page at a very top of the Facebook Page, open the Business manager.
Navigate Settings > Page roles > Clients Business Manager under Page owner, as per the image below:
This is the Agency Level Setup for managing multiple client pages. To troubleshoot this kind of setup, jump to this section.
For additional troubleshooting steps applied for all page setups as per above, jump to this section.
Troubleshoot Default Page Setup
Double check to ensure that the Instagram account has successfully linked to the Facebook Page.
Go to Facebook Page > Settings > Instagram (left hand side) you should then see a screen similar to the one below:
If the Instagram Business account is connected to the Facebook Page correctly then that's great! Then following the steps in the support article Troubleshooting Instagram Business Profiles.
If the above step doesn't resolve the issue, please contact us with a screenshot of permissions setup, the Instagram connection page and we'll try get to the bottom of this asap.
Troubleshoot Advanced Page Setup
Ensure that you’ve been added as Admin permission within Facebook business manager linked to the Instagram account.
1. Go to Business Settings;
2. Accounts > Pages;
3. Select Facebook Page linked to the Instagram account;
4. Click on the '>' next to your name to extend the view and check if you have Admin access.
For more information on how to add people to your Business Manager, please have a look to the following article Add People to Your Business Manager.
Next, ensure that the Instagram account has been added under Facebook Business Manager.
5. Accounts > Instagram Accounts (left hand side);
6. You should then see a screen similar to the one below with your Instagram within the list:
7. If the account is not there, please follow the steps, outlined in the article Add an Instagram Account to Your Business Manager and complete the adding process.
8. If the Instagram Business account is connected to the Facebook Page correctly then that's great! Then following the steps in the support article Troubleshooting Instagram Business Profiles.
If the above step doesn't resolve the issue, please contact us with a screenshot of permissions setup, the Instagram accounts page and we will get to the bottom of this asap.
Troubleshoot Agency Level Setup
If your agency has only Admin permissions and the Instagram Page is not appearing within the drop-down list this will normally happen if your client hasn't added their Instagram Business profile to their Business Manager.
In this case you’ll need to get in touch with your client to ensure that they have added Instagram account under:
1. Facebook Business manager Settings;
2. Accounts > Instagram Accounts (left hand side);
3. Your client should then see a screen similar to the one below with their Instagram within the list:
For more information on how to add Instagram Business account to Business manager, please have a look to the following article:
Add an Instagram Account to Your Business Manager.
If your agency has Admin permissions and the Instagram account has been added to their Business manager there’s two ways for further troubleshooting:
- If you have less than 20 Instagram Business services added to Sendible, please follow the steps-outlined in the article Remove Sendible Business (for Instagram) Integration from Facebook and try adding the service one more time:
By removing the Sendible App, you will need to reconnect all Instagram services under your Sendible dashboard.
After removing Sendible app from Facebook, Reconnect Instagram Services in your Sendible Dashboard.
For step by step instructions to reconnect a Instagram service, please see article How to Reconnect an Instagram Posting (Business Profiles) service? to reconnect the Instagram Business profiles in Sendible:
- If you have more than 20 Instagram Business services added to Sendible already, please try reconnecting one of the services that you’ve already added and ensure that all permissions are accepted. Please follow the step-by-step guide from the article above.
If the above doesn't resolve the issue, please also try the steps below.
Additional troubleshooting steps
1. Sometimes it can be caused by browser's caching or extensions - please give a shot and go through the troubleshooting steps outlined in the articles below:
Troubleshooting General Issues Checklist
How to reset browser’s cache
2. Try making someone else an admin on the Facebook Page and re-add the account to Sendible using their logins.
3. On infrequent occasions, this can be caused due to location when you're trying to add the service. In this case, please contact us, and we'll try to add this service together from other locations using VPN!
Still an issue?
We'll take over from here, please submit a support ticket and ensure you mention the permissions setup that you have and which troubleshooting steps you have taken. If you can provide screenshots of the issue and the steps you took to replicate it, even better!