What can I try if I'm not able to add or reconnect an Instagram profile?
There are some steps that you can take if you're having trouble adding or reconnecting an Instagram Business profile, such as if it does not appear in the menu after you've been directed to grant permission to the Sendible app on Facebook.
- You must be the Admin of the Facebook Page connected to your Instagram Business profile to post. Editor access is not sufficient for posting.
- If you have a Creator account, messages will fail to be published. Please see Instagram's article, Set Up a Business Account on Instagram, to ensure you have an Instagram Business account.
- The initial basic steps in this article cover managing Instagram Business accounts through Meta Business Suite. If you've gone through the steps already but are still unable to add or reconnect an Instagram Business profile successfully, please see this article for further instructions.
Is your Instagram account a Business account?
If not, please switch your account to an Instagram Business account.
- Go to your profile and click the menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Settings ⚙️Select Account and scroll to the bottom.
If your account is currently a Creator account, tap Switch account type
- Tap Switch to a Professional account
Caution: Be sure to select a Professional "Business" account and not a Professional "Creator" account.Important: The ability to post to either Personal or Professional Creator accounts is not supported through Instagram’s API. You must use an Instagram Reminder profile to publish messages to these accounts.
If your account is a Business account, please reauthorise the connection between Facebook and Instagram.
- Go to Settings ⚙️
- Select Account, tap Switch account type, then tap Switch to personal account
- Go back to Settings ⚙️
- Select Account and tap Switch to Professional account be sure to choose Business and not Creator as you make the switch
You can also convert your Instagram account to an Instagram Business account directly on Facebook. For more information about converting your Instagram account, please have a look at our guide About converting your Instagram account to a Personal account and back to a Business account
Reconnect the Instagram Business profile in Sendible
For steps to reconnect the Instagram Business profile in Sendible, please look at Reconnect Instagram Business profile(s).
Check for a confirm connection message on Meta Business Suite
When the Instagram account is initially connected to a Facebook Page, Facebook may require you to review the connection before using other third-party applications. Due to a new recent Facebook update, this must now take place in Business Suite.
To do this, please go to https://business.facebook.com/ and select your Facebook page that the Instagram account is connected to from the dropdown in the top left.
If you see the notification 'Some features will be unavailable until you confirm that people who manage your Facebook Page can also manage your Instagram account.', select the 'Get Started' button and follow the prompts.
Is your Instagram account connected to the correct Facebook Page?
After activating your Instagram Business account, it is essential to check if you have connected your Instagram to the correct Facebook Page. Although the setting may show as connected on Facebook, you should still verify the connection from Instagram’s end.
To verify, go to your profile via the Instagram mobile app and click on Edit Profile. Click the name of the connected Facebook Page in the Business Information section. Check that the correct Facebook Page is selected.
Check the username and name of the Instagram Business account on the Facebook Page.
Do you have Admin access to the Facebook Page?
Admin access is required to connect an Instagram Business profile. To confirm that you are an Admin on the Facebook Page, please go to the associated Facebook Page > select Settings > select Page Roles.
Your role must show as Admin here. If you don’t have Admin access, contact an Admin or the Page Owner.
For Facebook New Page Experience Pages, you'll need to switch to the Facebook Page, then select Professional Dashboard from the left, and Page Access. Here you will see if you're listed as an Administrator under 'People with Facebook Access'. If you have been given access via Business Manager, your user account will not appear in this section.
If you have Admin access on the Facebook Page and still cannot connect your Profile, please check your Facebook Business Manager settings.
Is your Meta Business Manager set up for this profile?
How do you have access to this Instagram Business profile? To manage your clients' Instagram Business profiles, you will need to do the following:
- Check if you are an Admin on the Meta Business Manager that owns the Facebook Page
- If not, check if you are a Partner on Meta Business Manager with the Business Manager that does own the Facebook Page and have been given Admin access via the Partner option
- Check if the business's Facebook Page is added as an Asset
If the business's Facebook Page is an asset in a Business Manager account that you do not have access to, you will need them to share the Facebook Page with you via a Partnership in Business Manager.
To confirm that you have Partner access, please see the following Facebook article: Give a partner access to your business manager’s assets.
Remove access within Facebook's Business Integrations
Sometimes the access token will need to be renewed with Instagram. To do this, please review our guide on removing access within Facebook: Remove or revoke Sendible's access to social sites.
See it in action
You can learn more about reconnecting an Instagram Business profile in this video.
Still an issue?
No worries! We can take it from here.
Please submit a support ticket and be sure to mention you have gone through the typical troubleshooting steps. In addition, providing screenshots and including where you were and the steps you took when the issue happened will help us resolve it more quickly!