This page covers individually adding Instagram Business Services to your Sendible account for the first time or if you’ve added one or more Instagram Business Services previously. Adding Instagram Business as a service will allow you to post directly to your Instagram Business account as well as access analytics for it and view live updates.
To post directly to Instagram using a third-party tool you need to have an Instagram Business Account.
If you update security details, such as the email or password for the Facebook Admin account that previously connected Facebook/Instagram services, you will be required to reconnect related Services before they can be used again. Access can also be removed by Facebook for other security reasons which will also require reconnection.
1. Head over to Services > Add Services. Here you’ll see the list of our most popular services.
2. Find Instagram and click Add.
3. In the dialog you’ll see the Instagram Business option, click Setup.
The first section of this page covers adding Instagram Business Accounts where you have not added Instagram Business Accounts to Sendible previously. If you have added Instagram Business Accounts to Sendible previously, click here to go straight to this section.
Adding an Instagram Business Account for the first time:
4. You will be directed to Facebook and prompted to login if you’re not already logged into Facebook.
5. Once you’ve logged into the Facebook account with access to the relevant Instagram Business Account, you’ll see the following screen. Select the “Continue As” button.
If you're already logged into a Facebook account but need to log into a different one, please select the "Log into another account option" which will allow you to login to another Facebook account before returning you to the window below.
6. The next screen you see will have the following heading "Which Instagram Business accounts do you want to use with Sendible Business?" This will show a screen of all available Instagram Business Accounts associated with the Facebook Account you have accessed. Ensure to select ALL of the Instagram Business Accounts that are presented.
7. Once all of the Instagram Business accounts have been selected click on 'Next'.
8. The next screen you see will have the following header "What Pages do you want to use with Sendible Business?". Ensure to select ALL of the Facebook Pages that are presented.
9. Once you have selected all of the Facebook Pages click on Next.
We recommend always selecting all pages when prompted by Facebook. You will still be able to select which Instagram Business Account you’re setting up a Service for when directed back to Sendible (see point 16.). If you unselect any of the Instagram Business Accounts or Facebook Pages in the previous and this screen that were added to Sendible previously, this will remove our access and those Instagram Business Accounts will then need to be reconnected.
10. The next screen you see will have the following header "What is Sendible Business allowed to do?" Please make sure all of these permissions are set to “Yes”. We only request the permissions needed to support the Services we’re providing to you. If any of these permissions are set to “No”, reconnection will not be successful and you will be prompted (see point 13.) to reconnect again with all permissions selected. Once all of the permissions are set to “Yes”, please click on Done.
11. Once all of the options are enabled for all pages please click on Done.
12. The final screen you see is from Facebook confirming that "You've now linked Sendible Business to Facebook" from here click on the OK button.
13. If any permissions were skipped during the settings window on Facebook, you will see the following message displayed. Select the Reauthorise button to start again. Please make sure to accept all permissions to successfully add the service.
Now that you’ve authorised the connection with Facebook, click here to go through steps to select the relevant Instagram Business Account and the service settings for it.
Adding Instagram Business Account services after the first time:
14. If you’ve just added an Instagram Business Account Service, you can select the “Continue as” option as all pages and permissions should have been selected previously.
15. If you’ve recently been given access to a new Instagram Business Account(s) and you’re looking to add it to Sendible, please select the Edit Settings option instead and make sure all Instagram Business Account(s), Facebook Page(s) and Permissions are accepted. Otherwise, the new Instagram Business Account(s) will not be available in the dropdown menu once you’re directed back to Sendible. See point 6.,7., 8. and 9. above for more information.
We recommend always selecting all accounts and pages when prompted by Facebook. You will still be able to select which Instagram Business account you’re setting up a Service for when directed back to Sendible (see point 16.). If you unselect Instagram Business Account(s) or Facebook Page(s) in these screens that were added to Sendible previously, this will remove our access and those Instagram Business Accounts will then need to be reconnected.
If you’re still not seeing the Instagram Business Account you want to add displayed in the dropdown menu once you’re directed back to Sendible, please see this page for further information and steps.
Adding the settings for an Instagram Business Account Service:
The system will automatically populate a name based on the Facebook account you’re logged into however this will be automatically updated to the name of the page you're looking to add once you've selected the appropriate Instagram Business Account.
16. Select which Instagram Business Account you would like to add as a Service.
17. You can also provide a custom name in the Description text box. This will be purely for your own reference on Sendible.
18. Lastly, you can select whether you want to receive alerts for new activity on that account and where you receive these alerts such as in the Priority Inbox and/or via email.
19. Once you’re happy with the settings you’ve applied, click Save Settings. That service will then be available to post to in the Compose box and add to Service Lists. You will also be able to see reporting data for that Facebook Page under the Measure area 24 - 48 hours after connecting.
Please make sure to follow these instructions when adding another Instagram Business Account.
You can only include one image or a video when posting to an Instagram Business service. If you need to include multiple images or Stories in your post, please use the Instagram Reminder service.