Add an Instagram Reminder profile
- This profile doesn't support direct posting to Instagram. For more information on how this works and why this is useful in some cases, please see this article.
- This profile does not enable reporting data to be returned for Instagram. Please set up an Instagram Business profile for the related Instagram account to select it in reports.
- The Instagram Business API does not support filters, Instagram Reels or Instagram Story posts. You'll need to use an Instagram Reminder profile to schedule filters, Instagram Reels or Instagram Story posts.
- Go to Profiles > Add Profiles > Instagram to add an Instagram Reminder profile.
- At the time of the scheduled post, you can either receive a push notification or an email notification to receive a reminder to push the post to Instagram.
Once you've finished reading this article, you will know how to add an Instagram Reminder, which allows you to add non-Instagram Business accounts as profiles.
Head over to Profiles > Add Profiles > Instagram to add your Instagram Business profiles.
Setting up an Instagram Reminder profile:
- Clicking on Set up an Instagram reminder to set up and receive push notifications when it's time to post mixed-media carousels, Reels, Stories, or non-Instagram accounts. To post Instagram image carousels, see this article.
- In the next series of screens, the dashboard will walk you through what you need to set up your Instagram Reminder profile:
- You will be prompted to add an Instagram Reminder name for internal purposes. As default, for push notifications, it will be sent to yourself. If you do not want to use the Sendible mobile app to receive push notifications, you have the option for the push notification to be sent to you by email.
Note: There is a limit of five email addresses where you can send push notifications.
You're now ready to begin posting:
- At the scheduled the time, you will receive your push notification via our Sendible Engage app.
Note: Once you click the notification Sendible Engage app will forward the image to Instagram for posting. Please see our Instagram Push Notification Article for more information.
- If you have selected an email, the recipient(s) you specified when you set up the Instagram Reminder profile will receive an email notifying them that the attached image or video needs to be uploaded to Instagram.