Bit.ly pro integration is not available on the Starter or Traction plans.
Sendible integrates with Bit.ly shorten links. The default option uses the free Bit.ly option. However, if you have a Bit.ly account you can connect your account within Sendible.
For further information on Publishing Preferences, please see the following article:
Bit.ly API has migrated from v3 to v4, and so have we!! For more information on this, head over to their article Migrating from v3 to v4 of the Bitly API.
For existing users that have already been using their own account, you’ll need to obtain an OAuth access token. Carry on reading this article or go to bit.ly’s support article How do I find my OAuth access token?
In order to connect your Bit.ly pro account you will need:
- Your Bit.ly access token (OAuth access token)
- (Optional) Your Bit.ly Pro domain
To use a custom domain instead of a bit.ly link, you’ll need to upgrade to the basic plan. Then add the bit.ly pro domain in the optional field
To obtain your OAuth access token, please take the following steps:
1. Log in to your Bit.ly account
2. Go to Username > Profile Settings
3. Go to Generic Access Token to generate your OAuth access token
4. Enter your Password of your bit.ly account
5. Click Generate Token
6. Click Copy on the Generic Access Token pop-up
7. Once you’ve copied your Generic Access Token, return to Sendible > Settings > Publishing Preferences > URL shortening and input your details.
8. Remember to click the Save option to ensure the updated details have been saved.