Sendible uses Bit.ly for link shortening. The default option uses the free Bit.ly option. However if you have your own Bit.ly account you can also connect this within Sendible.
For further information on Publishing Preferences please see the following article: https://support.sendible.com/hc/en-us/articles/208052976-How-Do-I-Change-My-Publishing-Preferences-
Please Note: Bit.ly pro integration is not available on the Small & Micro packages.
In order to connect your Bit.ly pro account you will need:
- Your Bit.ly login.
- Your Bit.ly API key.
To find your Bit.ly username and API key from within your Bit.ly account please follow these steps:
1. Login to your Bit.ly account.
2. Once you are logged in Navigate to the menu button and select ‘Settings’ from the drop down.
3. Next click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ tab locate.
4. Then on the option for ‘API Support’.
5. You will then see your API key.
6. If you ever need to reset your API key, select ‘Reset API Key’ located below your API Key in ‘API Support’.
7. Once you have your Bit.ly login and API key, you can then return to Sendible and the Publishing Preferences option and input these into Sendible.
8. Please ensure to select the Save option located in the bottom right hand corner.