Connect your Bitly account
Sendible integrates with Bitly to provide link shortening. The default option uses the free Bitly option. However, if you have a paid Bitly account, you can connect your account to Sendible and use your custom domain.
For further information on Publishing Preferences, please see the following article: How Do I Change My Publishing Preferences?
To connect your paid Bitly account, you will need the following:
- Your Bitly access token (OAuth access token)
- (Optional) Your Bitly custom domain
To obtain your OAuth access token, please take the following steps:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Go to Username > Profile Settings
- Go to Developer settings > API to generate your access token
- Enter the Password of your Bitly account
- Click Generate Token
- Click Copy on the Generic Access Token pop-up
- Once you’ve copied your Generic Access Token, return to Sendible > Settings > Publishing Preferences > URL shortening and input your details.
- Remember to click the Save option to ensure the updated details have been saved.