Connect your Bitly account
Sendible integrates with Bitly to provide link shortening. The default option uses the free Bitly option. However, if you have a paid Bitly account you can connect your account to Sendible and use your custom domain.
For further information on Publishing Preferences, please see the following article: How Do I Change My Publishing Preferences?
The Bitly API has migrated from v3 to v4, and so have we!! For more information on this, head over to their article Migrating from v3 to v4 of the Bitly API.
In order to connect your paid Bit.ly account you will need:
- Your Bitly access token (OAuth access token)
- (Optional) Your Bitly custom domain
To obtain your OAuth access token, please take the following steps:
- Log in to your Bitly account
- Go to Username > Profile Settings
- Go to Generic Access Token to generate your OAuth access token
- Enter the Password of your Bitly account
- Click Generate Token
- Click Copy on the Generic Access Token pop-up
- Once you’ve copied your Generic Access Token, return to Sendible > Settings > Publishing Preferences > URL shortening and input your details.
- Remember to click the Save option to ensure the updated details have been saved.