Deactivate or delete users
This article covers how you can deactivate a user if you don't want to delete a user account yet but don't want it to be accessible or if you want to delete a user altogether. You may want to consider transferring profiles from that user account to another if you still need access to them. Transferring profiles will retain the reporting data related to that profile but it won't automatically transfer related posts.
- Click on your Username on the top right-hand side of the dashboard.
- Select Manage Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Edit option opposite the user account you wish to deactivate or delete.
- To deactivate a user, toggle to the Inactive option so that it turns blue.
- Then select Update User.
Note: Inactive Users will still count towards your user allocation and therefore still be included in your subscription charges. Please see this page for more information on user allocations. However, these users will not be able to log in and you will not be able to access the account to 'Switch' into it, see the account's scheduled messages, etc. until the account is set to active again. If you're setting an account to inactive as the individual it was set up for should no longer be able to access it, we recommend changing the email address and password for the account instead of in the user setting's window.
- To delete a user, select the Delete User option instead.
- When a confirmation window pops up, click on Yes.