About the Priority Inbox
The Priority Inbox displays important messages you might need to view and respond to. Messages will be displayed in the Priority Inbox if you select the option for alerts to be brought into the Inbox when setting up a posting profile.
The Priority Inbox is essentially an alerts view and, as outlined below, there will be delays between when a message is left on a social channel and when it's displayed in the Priority Inbox. Social Feeds, however, will display updates in real time.
- Facebook Page profiles: comments, replies, mentions, direct messages
- Facebook Ads: comments
- Twitter profiles: comments, mentions, retweets, quote retweets, direct messages
- Instagram Business profiles: comments, likes, reposts
- LinkedIn Company Page profiles: replies
- YouTube profiles: comments
Be aware that Facebook Groups, LinkedIn Profiles, Google My Business, and all blogs, as well as Instagram direct messages, will not be shown in the Priority Inbox.
- By clicking on Activity the Priority Inbox will be displayed by default. It will display items from multiple social profiles in chronological order.
Note: Updates to the Priority Inbox are linked to profiles where you've selected for updates to be added to the Priority Inbox in the settings for that profile. Normally, these are profiles that enable you to post to the related social account. Social Feeds are automatically set up when a posting profile is added when this is available.
- You can respond to messages from the Priority Inbox including re-posting to share them on your own social profiles. You can also Translate, Archive or Assign a message as a task by clicking on the three dots on the right-hand side of the other icons.
There is a separate article available on how to manage conversations from the Priority Inbox.Note: The options available will vary depending on the social channel the message has come from.
- The coloured dots at the beginning of each item show the predicted sentiment of the content of the comment. Grey stands for neutral, green for positive and red for negative sentiments. "Sentiment" is judged based on the ratio of "good" words to "bad" words in the message. If there are more "good" words then the message is deemed as positive sentiment and vice versa.
- The icons at the top-left corner include:
- A checkbox to select all the messages currently loaded in the Priority Inbox.
- A file box icon to archive posts from your Priority Inbox.
- An icon to refresh your inbox.
- A button to export your Priority Inbox as a CSV file.
- You can filter the results by:
- Specific dates.
- Particular social profiles you have added (you can include more than one).
- Messages you have previously archived by clicking Archived Only.
- You can also search for words in the body of posts.