Add a Facebook Page profile
This guide covers adding Facebook Page profiles to your Sendible account for the first time or if you’ve added one or more Facebook Page profiles previously.
- You can publish posts and Reels to your Facebook Page
- Events, polls, jobs, offers, or other special types of posts are not supported
The first section of this page covers adding Facebook Pages where you have not added Facebook Pages to Sendible previously. If you have added Facebook Pages to Sendible previously, click here to go straight to this section.
Add a Facebook profile
- Select the Profile tab and, in the drop-down menu, select Add Profiles
- Select the Add button where Facebook is displayed.
- The following pop-up is displayed, select the Setup button opposite where the Facebook Page option is listed.
Adding a Facebook Page for the first time
- You will be directed to Facebook and prompted to log in if you’re not already logged into Facebook.
- Once you’ve logged into the account with access to the relevant Facebook Pages, you’ll see the following screen. Select the “Continue As” button.
- The next screen confirms the connection between Sendible & Facebook choose the Continue option to confirm the connection.
- If any permissions were skipped or removed by making edits in the 'Choose what you allow' area on Facebook, you will see the following message displayed. Select the Reauthorise button to start again. Please make sure to accept all permissions to successfully add the profile.
Now that you’ve authorised the connection with Facebook, please view the section at the bottom to go through steps to select the relevant Facebook Page and the profile settings for it.
Adding Facebook Page profiles after the first time
- If you’ve previously added a Facebook Page profile, the next time you add one you should be taken right to the Profile Settings screen to choose your account from the dropdown.
- If you’re having difficulties with adding the page and it is not appearing within the dropdown, please click the 'Reconnect' button at the bottom of the page. At the next Facebook screen, select the Edit Settings option. Please make sure all Facebook Pages and Permissions are accepted. Otherwise, the new Facebook Page (s) will not be available in the drop-down menu once you’re directed back to Sendible.
Important: We recommend always choosing 'Select All' Pages when prompted by Facebook. You will still be able to select which Facebook Page you’re setting up a profile for when directed back to Sendible. If you unselect Facebook Pages in this screen that were added to Sendible previously, this will remove our access and those Facebook Pages will then need to be reconnected.
If you’re still not seeing the Facebook Page you want to add displayed in the drop-down menu once you’re directed back to Sendible, please see our troubleshooting guide for further information and steps.
Adding the settings for a Facebook Page profile
The system will automatically populate a name based on the Facebook account you’re logged into however this will be automatically updated to the name of the page you're looking to add once you've selected the appropriate Facebook Page.
- Select which Page you would like to add as a profile.
- You can also provide a custom name in the Description text box. This will be purely for your own reference on Sendible.
- Select whether or not you want link previews to be automatically generated whenever you include a link in your post to that Facebook Page. For more information about link previews, please see this page.
- Use geotargeting to personalize and segment content to different audiences. To target different fans of the same page, you can add the same Facebook Page profile as many times as you like and just change the geotargeting settings. Please view our support guide on setting up geotargeting for Facebook for more information on setting up geotargeting.
- You can also select whether you want to have images included in posts to this profile displayed as full-size images on Facebook. Please note, this does mean that, if you’re including a URL in your Facebook post, the image from the link preview will be displayed as a full-size image instead of a link preview.
- Lastly, you can select whether you want to receive alerts for new activity on that account and where you receive these alerts such as in the Priority Inbox and/or via email.
- Once you’re happy with the settings you’ve applied, click Save Settings. That profile will then be available to post to in the Compose Box and add to Profile Lists. You will also be able to see reporting data for that Facebook Page under the Reports area 24-48 hours after connecting.