About converting your Instagram account to a Personal account and back to a Business account
If you are having trouble connecting with or publishing to your Instagram profile, oftentimes switching your Instagram account to a Personal Account and then immediately changing it back to a Business Account can resolve those issues.
- Converting your Instagram account can resolve several issues when connecting or publishing to Instagram is not working.
- Converting your Instagram account does not affect your scheduled posts or the data that appears in the Sendible reports.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and go to Settings.
- Click Account.
- Click Switch account to personal account.
- Your Instagram account should now be a Personal Account.
- Follow the above steps except choose Switch to professional account to convert it back. Ensure that you link it to a Facebook Page.
- Click Settings.
- Click Account.
- Click the Switch account type option.
- You will see options for Switch to personal account and Switch to creator account if you have a Business Account.
Rarely, an issue can occur after creating or converting an Instagram account, and Instagram returns an error saying that the Instagram account is not a Business Account even though it is showing as one in Instagram.
There appears to be an issue with this Instagram Business account. Please check the connection settings within Facebook by visiting your Facebook Page > Instagram. Or reconvert this account to an Instagram Business account.
To resolve this issue, please reconvert this account to an Instagram Business Account using the instructions above, even if you have just completed those steps. It occasionally takes more than one attempt to clear things up.
Still an issue?
No worries! We'll take over from here.
Please submit a support ticket and be sure you mention you have taken the typical troubleshooting steps. Providing screenshots and the steps you took to replicate the issue will help resolve it more quickly!