Facebook Page authorisation update
Previously, when you were looking to add a Facebook Page, you'll have to go through the process of authorising access to our Facebook App each time.
This meant being given the option to adjust which Facebook Pages and Permissions you were giving our App access to each time you looked to add a new Facebook Page profile.
Now, instead of seeing the following screen each time you look to add a Facebook Page 1️⃣, if you've already given Business Manager access to our App 2️⃣, you'll be taken straight into our settings window so you can select the Facebook Page you need to and adjust the settings for the profile without needing to go through the authorisation process again.
What are the benefits of this update?
Several benefits come with this change in addition to saving some time when adding a Facebook Page profile:
- You should now be able to easily add Facebook Pages moved to the 'New Page Experience'.
- As 'Business Manager' permissions are being granted, this means you should always be able to select any Facebook Pages you've been given access to manage either via Business Manager or by being a direct admin on the page.
- The previous flow was often confusing our users as they were prompted to check the App settings each time, meaning Facebook Pages that they had previously selected were unselected in some cases. When these pages were unselected, this broke the connection to Facebook, meaning those Pages needed to be reconnected. As you'll normally now only need to authorise our App once, this is much less likely to happen.
Are there any other changes?
As we've advised in the past, you should always be granting access to ALL Facebook Pages you have access to and ALL permissions requested. Even if the Sendible App is given access to a page you don't intend to add to Sendible, no action will be taken on that page until you set it up as a Profile. This not only has benefits for adding Instagram Business accounts to Sendible but also means that if you want to add those Facebook Pages in the future, you'll be able to do this easily.
If a Facebook Page was unselected and you're now looking to add it, you can still do this, but you'll need to take an additional step when looking to add the page.
- Once you've selected to add a new Facebook Page Profile and have been directed to the settings window, if the Page you're looking to add is not displayed in the dropdown, you'll need to select the 'Reconnect' option shown below:
- Select the Edit Settings option when prompted.
- You'll now be taken through the options to select and unselect pages and permissions. Please make sure they're all selected.
- If any permissions haven't been granted, we'll prompt you to go through the flow again and grant any that are missing.
This will also be the same flow used when reconnecting a Facebook Page previously added to Sendible.