Use the Sendible Engage app
Use the Engage app to organise, schedule, and publish content.
- Mixed-media carousels (image and video) posts for Instagram and Instagram Stories can only be published via push notifications from the Engage app.
- The Sendible Engage app is available for download for iOS and Android.
- The Sendible Engage app is used for Instagram Stories and multiple-image posts. It also includes an Inbox.
- Admins can switch users via the Settings menu
- Account & billing settings
- Calendar view
- Preview of posts
Publish posts on Instagram
If you’ve scheduled an Instagram Reminder post, you'll get a push notification when it's time to publish it.
The following type of posts must be published through push notifications:
- Multiple-image posts
- Instagram Stories
The Sendible Engage mobile app allows you to create posts on the go.
- Launch the app
- Tap the pencil icon on the top right
- Click the + sign and select a Social Profile
- Type your message
- Select the photo icon at the bottom to attach media to your post.
- To add a URL select the paperclip icon 🔗 at the bottom left
- You can send the post immediately by clicking the send button on the top right
- You can also schedule the post for a later date by clicking the calendar icon 📅 on the bottom left
Important: At this time, attaching videos to a post via the mobile app is not supported.
Scheduled and Sent posts
- Where to see scheduled and sent posts on the Engage app:
- Click the three lines on the left side of the screen and select scheduled or sent.
- Tap the menu tab and select keywords.
- Here, you can check the results that match your search terms. You can also see positive and negative results.
From the menu tab in the Engage app, you can:
- Select Notifications. This is where you will be able to manage your previous notifications for Instagram Reminder (multiple-image or Stories) posts
Not working? Try these.
If things aren't quite right, there are a few things that you can try. The exact steps may differ by your mobile device's operating system (Android or iOS) and specific device. But generally, these are good things to check:
- Delete and reinstall the Sendible Engage app
- Check your operating system's permissions
- Check your photo library permissions
- Power down and then power back up your mobile device
Still having issues?
We'll take over from here; please submit a support ticket and provide screenshots of the issue and the steps you have taken to replicate it; this will help us troubleshoot the issue further.