Best practices: Five simple steps to get started with Sendible
Sendible is a social media management platform that lets you streamline how you manage social media for brands. From automated publishing to collaboration tools and engagement analytics, you’ll be able to easily launch your campaigns and report on your ROI.
Watch this short video to get a brief overview:
Short video tutorials
If you want more video resources, check out our quick start training videos where you can explore short overviews on everything from reporting to setting up your team.
Whether you like to schedule posts days, weeks, or even months in advance, we’ve got a workflow for every work style, so follow these 5 steps to make the most of your trial:
Step 1. Connect social media profiles
Connect to social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn by adding profiles. Each profile lets you directly post to the network, pull in comment streams, and retrieve reporting.
Instagram for posting directly to Instagram, retrieving analytics, and receiving comments in Sendible. This is only available for Business Profiles, not personal profiles.
Note: Facebook owns Instagram so third-party tools can only access Instagram functionalities like direct publishing, stream engagement, and analytics through Facebook’s APIs. This means that you’ll need to have a Facebook Page associated with your Instagram Business Profile and authenticate your account through Facebook. Need help with your Instagram Business Profile or converting your personal profile? Click here!
- Facebook Page: for posting directly to a Facebook Fan Page, pulling in comments in real-time including Facebook Ad comments and viewing analytics.
- Twitter for directly posting to Twitter.
- LinkedIn Company Page to directly post to LinkedIn Company Pages and read and respond to comments
Profile limit reached? Add new profiles easily
Maxed out your profiles? Not a problem! Please head over to Settings>subscription details and increase your profiles.
But if you are using pay by invoice please contact our Billing team to assist.
Step 2. Smart Compose Box and bulk upload overview
Smart Compose Box highlights
With the Sendible Smart Compose Box, you can:
- Customise messages for each platform to increase your engagement
- Geotag your Instagram posts to extend your reach
- Add Instagram hashtags to the first comment to declutter your caption AND increase your findability
- Preview how posts will look on every platform
- Schedule posts to go out at a specific time optimised for your audience
Image and video highlights
- Need to spruce up your posts with images and videos? Here’s what’s available to you:
- Upload files from your computer or easily add images from any website
- Reuse content from your media library
- Explore our Canva integration to create your own visual content
- Use our image editor to optimise images for every platform
- Pull in YouTube videos so you can share in a cinch
Bulk upload highlights
Do you already have your content planned out in a CSV file? Not a problem! You can upload your content in bulk for easy scheduling. Learn more about importing your content in bulk by clicking here.
Step 3. Create Queues for evergreen content
Queues are one of our most popular time-saving features because they let you create pre-set schedules for your content.
All you need to do is:
- Determine how many times a day you want to post
- Add in the times or let us optimise the times for you
- Choose the queue option when scheduling content
And you’re all set! You can also recycle evergreen content using queues so that you never have to worry about gaps in your content calendar.
Step 4. Set up RSS feeds to source content
If you’re struggling to fill up your content calendar, explore our Social Media Holiday Calendar to find over 300 content ideas ready to be drafted and published with images already attached.
You can also set up RSS feeds for publications and blogs, as well as auto-post new articles as soon as they’re live.
Step 5. Monitor engagement with the Priority Inbox
One of the main goals of having a social media presence is to build up your audience and engage with followers. We allow you to manage and monitor your community using a Priority Inbox of aggregated messages as well as real-time streams for individual social media accounts.
Bonus: Invite teammates and manage content approval workflows
Sendible was built as a collaboration tool for agencies, freelancers managing clients, and internal marketing and sales teams. Easily send posts for approval and make sure certain users only have access to specific accounts.
If you’d like to get an in-depth tutorial on how to manage teammates and set up custom approval workflows, please check out this resource.
More resources to help you master Sendible
You’re all set with the basics! We have plenty more resources to help you level up your social media game including:
- Metrics and analytics reports so you can show your ROI wins and measure your progress
- Group demos with our team to get a live product overview
- The Sendible Storytelling Community to meet like-minded marketers and get campaign advice from industry experts
- Sendible resources with handy templates to help you tackle any social media conundrum
Want to speak to a human? Click here.
Want to suggest a must-have feature that we're missing? Let us know.