When will Google+ be removed?
We will be removing Google+ from Sendible on February 15th, 2019.
Why are you removing Google+?
Google has advised that they will be shutting down Google+ on March 7th, 2019. However, API access for third parties such as Sendible will start to be deprecated as early as January 28th, 2019. Due to this, we have decided to remove Google+ from Sendible a few weeks early to minimize the issues this is likely to cause our users.
What will be removed?
- The ability to add Google+ services or posts to Google+ Pages or Profiles.
- Access to Google+ Streams.
- All Google+ services that have been set up prior to February 15th, 2019 will be deleted so that they no longer count towards the number of services set up under your user account/s.
- You will no longer have results from Google+ returned for Keyword and Brand Monitoring.
- You will no longer be able to access Google+ Quick Reports or to add Google+ modules to custom reports.
What do we recommend?
- If this is applicable to your business, client or similar, please set up Google My Business and add Google My Business as a service to your account.
- Export Google+ posts you’ve sent in the past or still have scheduled by going to the appropriate view, eg. Scheduled, Sent or Queued, filtering by the specific Google+ page or profile and then selecting the option to export those messages.
- Download reporting data for Google+ so that you have this to refer back to in the future. If your plan restricts you from downloading reporting data, please get in touch by logging a ticket through this helpdesk or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org directly and we’ll be happy to help.
Will posts I’ve sent to Google+ previously or currently have scheduled still be accessible once Google+ is removed?
Yes, these posts will not be deleted with the removal of Google+. Where Google+ was the only service selected on the post, the post will display “No services selected” and can be searched for by selecting “No services selected” in channel filters.
Will any other Google related services such as Google My Business, Google Analytics or Google Drive be affected?
No, Google is specifically shutting down just Google+ and this will not affect any of their other offerings as far as they have advised.
When will the Contacts area and Contact features be removed?
The Contacts area and all related Contacts features will be removed on the March 31st, 2019.
Why are you removing Contacts?
In order to keep up with the ever-changing social media landscape, we've recently regrouped as a company to brainstorm on how we can help our customers create better connections and more meaningful engagement. We believe to be successful on social media, companies need to tell strikingly original stories that grab their audience’s attention and elicit an emotion. Our goal is to help you through this change.
That is why we’ve decided to build new features to help you amplify your stories and make you more successful. This shift of focus also means that we will be removing some older features that are not aligned with where we believe social media is heading which includes Contacts features.
What will be removed?
- Access to the “Contacts” tab will no longer be possible and all existing saved contacts and mailing lists (both email and SMS) will be deleted.
- The ability to add contacts individually, in bulk, through a sign up widget or SMS opt-in.
- The ability to save a Twitter or LinkedIn profile as a contact from the Priority Inbox, Streams and Monitoring results.
- You will no longer be able to send emails through Sendible to individual contacts or a Mailing List.
- You will no longer be able to have emails automatically sent out from an email auto-responder.
- You will no longer be able to send SMSs via an SMS list or send an SMS to an individual phone / cell number.
- You will no longer be able to purchase or transfer email or SMS credits.
- The ability to create email templates under the Content Library or access previously created email templates.
- The ability to add Contacts, email and SMS related modules to custom reports.
- The ability to export contact related information such as mailing lists.
What do you recommend?
Our partnership with ConvertKit means you can easily migrate your email and SMS activity over to them. Sign up now and they’ll help get you started migrating your contacts and making the transition as smooth as possible.
You can export all your contacts in full or by individual mailing list. If your plan restricts access to download data, please get in touch by logging a ticket through this helpdesk or emailing email@example.com directly and we’ll be happy to help.
For any email templates you’ve created previously, you can save the HTML for the template as follows:
- Go to Content > My Content > Add Content > Click the “Select” button under where “Email Templates” is listed.
- Your saved template/s will be displayed with the name you provided when saving it. Click on this and then the “Open Template” button.
- Click the “Generate Content” button.
- In the Compose Box that’s opened, click on the HTML icon highlighted in this screenshot.
- Copy the HTML and add this to notepad or similar so you can adjust it for use with a different provider.
- Repeat steps 1 - 5 until you’ve saved the HTML for all the templates you want to use in the future.
If you need any help with this, please get in touch by logging a ticket through this helpdesk or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org directly and we’ll be happy to help.
If you’ve purchased email or SMS credits which will not be used by the March 31st, 2019 please contact us by logging a ticket through this helpdesk or emailing email@example.com directly as soon as possible so that we can convert them to cover time on your subscription or issue a refund.
Review Monitoring Removal
When will the Review Monitoring area and Review Monitoring Services be removed?
Access to Review Monitors will be removed on the March 31st, 2019.
Why are you removing Review Monitoring?
As with Contacts, we want to focus on the features that will help you adjust to the changing social media landscape. This shift in focus means that we will no longer be able to support Review Monitoring directly within the Sendible dashboard as this does not align with this goal.
What will be removed?
- You will no longer be able to access results for Review Monitors under Monitor > Keywords > Review Sites.
- All Review Monitoring services that have been set up previous to the March 31st, 2019 will be deleted so that they no longer count towards the number of services set up under your user account/s.
- You will no longer be able to set up a new Review Monitoring service or link your Review Push account.
What do we recommend?
If you haven’t already, use our partnership with Review Push to sign up for an account with a 30% discount. They allow you to monitor reviews on Yelp, City Search, Glassdoor and Trip advisor in addition to many other review sites. Please see below for a full list of review sites that Review Push support.