Why can’t I see the thumbnail on my Facebook posts?
To see the thumbnail on Facebook, make sure that auto-play is off in your settings.
If you’re using Facebook on your browser, you can turn off auto-play videos this way:
- Go to the drop-down menu at the top right of the page.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” > “Settings.”
- Look for the “Videos” listing on the left-hand menu. Inside of that option is a toggle where you can turn off auto-playing videos.
Facebook has similar options available for its iOS and Android apps:
Using the iOS app
- Click the menu button on the bottom of your screen.
- Once you’re there, tap “Settings & Privacy,” then “Settings.”
- Scroll down until you find “Media and Contacts,” then tap “Videos and Photos.”
- Finally, once you find “Auto-play,” you can turn off the feature.
Using the Android app
- Click the menu button at the top right of your screen.
- Once you’re there, scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy,” then “Settings.”
- Scroll down until you find “Media and Contacts” and tap on it.
- Tap on “Auto-play” and set it to “Never Auto-play Videos.”