Set up geotargeting for a LinkedIn Company Page
Our LinkedIn geotargeting feature allows you to precisely target LinkedIn posts to a particular geographic location, be this a country, state/region, or city.
Important: In order to use the geotargeting feature you will need more than 300 connections within that particular geographical location, this is a limit imposed via LinkedIn’s API and is the same if you are natively posting through LinkedIn’s platform. If you have less than 300 connections, the number of connections will show as 0 which LinkedIn have confirmed is intended.
- When first setting up or editing a LinkedIn Company Page profile, where Geotargeting is listed, select the Edit option.
- From the Country Groups list, select the country group you would like to target.
- Once you have selected the Country Group, choose from the Countries within the selected group. \
Tip: Choosing the country's (all regions) will add the whole Country Group to your criteria.
- You then have the option to add the State/Region within the selected country you are targeting.
- Then select the Add button to add the selected location to the Selected Criteria box.
- Once you are happy with the settings, click the OK button. Repeat these steps to add multiple locations.
Note: You will not be able to save your geotargeting settings if your target audience has not yet reached at least 300.