Add a Facebook Ads profile
This profile enables comments from your Facebook ads to come through to your Priority Inbox so that you can reply to them from the Sendible. Currently, posting ads directly to Facebook isn't supported, however, you can use Dark Posts if you'd like to add posts to your Facebook Ads Manager to publish as ads. Please see this page for more information on posting Dark Posts.
- First, go to the Profiles option and select Add profiles.
- Find the Facebook Ads profile and click on the Add button. A pop-up window will appear.
- The following pop-up is displayed, select the Setup button opposite where the Facebook Ads option is listed.
The first section of this page covers adding Facebook Ads where you have not added Facebook Ads to Sendible previously. If you have added Facebook Ads to Sendible previously, go straight to the Adding Facebook Ads profile after the first time section.
Adding a Facebook Ads profile for the first time
- If you are not already logged into your Facebook account in your web browser, you will be prompted to log into the account that’s associated with your Facebook Ad account.
- Once you’ve logged into the account with access to the relevant Facebook Ads, you’ll see the following screen. Select the "Edit Settings" button.
If you're already logged into a Facebook account but need to log into a different one, please select the "Log into another account option" which will allow you to log in to another Facebook account before returning you to the window below.
- The next screen has the following heading "What is Sendible allowed to do?" Enable Manage ads for ad accounts that you have access to.
- Facebook will confirm that the Sendible Business Integration was added successfully. Click on OK to be be directed back to Sendible.
5. Select the Add account from the drop down menu and save settings. Choose Priority Inbox to receive notifications for new activity such as comments.
Adding Facebook Ads profile after the first time
- If you’ve just added a Facebook Ad Profile, you can select the “Continue as” option as all Pages and permissions should have been selected previously.
- If you’ve recently been given access to a new Facebook Ad(s) and you’re looking to add it to Sendible, please select the Edit Settings option instead and make sure all Facebook Pages and Permissions are accepted. Otherwise, the new Facebook Page(s) will not be available in the drop-down menu once you’re directed back to Sendible.
Important: We recommend always selecting all Pages when prompted by Facebook. You will still be able to select which Facebook Ad you’re setting up a profile for when directed back to Sendible. If you unselect Facebook Pages in this screen that were added to Sendible previously, this will remove our access and those Facebook Ads will then need to be reconnected.
Adding the settings for a Facebook Ads profile
The system will automatically populate a name based on the Facebook account you’re logged into however this will be automatically updated to the name of the Ad Account you're looking to add once you've selected the appropriate Facebook Page.
- Add a description for your own reference.
- Select the Ad Account you wish to add.
- Here you can select the Facebook Page you would like to use to reply to the comments that come in from your ads.
- You can also set up where to have the notifications for any new activity to be received. This is set to be your Priority Inbox only by default, but you can change this to receive email notifications as well or none at all.
Note: The email address used for these notifications is the one that’s associated with your Sendible account by default.
- Click on Save Settings to finish and save setting up the profile. Once the profile is set up you can monitor and reply to any incoming comments from your Facebook Ads in your Priority Inbox.
Repeat these steps for each Facebook Page you wish to set up a Facebook Ads profile for.