When posting attachments to any social media platforms via their API (how third-party platforms like Sendible integrate to social sites) you’ll find that there are restrictions in place which will cause your posts to bounce if you exceed these requirements.
This is not the case when logging in and posting directly to your social media accounts, however, all social media platforms apply restrictions for users posting via their API, and these restrictions differ from channel to channel.
This article will outline all the restrictions and you can jump to the social site you need by clicking on the social site on the right of this article.
- Up to 5 MB
- Gif images are also supported (up to 1280x1080 pixels)
- Post photo/in-stream photo: 8192 x 8192 pixels or smaller
- Up to 4 MB
- Profile picture: 180 x 180 pixels
- Cover photo: 851 x 315 pixels (maximum file size of 100 KB)
- Desktop newsfeed: 1200 x 630 pixels
The following restrictions mainly apply when posting to Instagram Business Profiles through Instagram's API, as posting with an Instagram Reminder (Post) service is manual and will still go through the Instagram mobile app natively.
Instagram doesn't allow multiple images, Stories or animated GIFs to be posted through their Instagram Business API, so you'll need to do so using our Instagram Reminder (Post) service with push notifications, as shown here.
- Up to 8 MB
- Formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, and non-animated GIFs
- Square - 1:1 aspect ratio
- Portrait images - 4:5 aspect ratio
- Landscape images - Max 1.91:1
- Aspect ratio: Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum resolution: 150x150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
- Maximum resolution: 4032x3024 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
Images are not allowed
- Up to 900 width X 470 height pixels (For best results, when posting via Sendible)
- Up to 10 MB
- Gif images are not supported
- Images for posts: 7600 x 7600 pixels (however, very large images will be resized to standard sizes)
Images that are posted to LinkedIn will be displayed in the home feed with the standard 1.91:1 aspect ratio. So if the image posted is wider or taller than this aspect ratio, it will appear cropped to fit this standard shape, but will display normally when opened.
- Up to 5 MB
- Gif images are also supported
Google My Business
- Only images with a 16:9 aspect ratio are allowed
- Minimum size - 480 x 270
- Maximum size - 2120 x 1192
- Only uploading cover photos are supported
- Up to 5 MB