You may have recently received an email from us advising that your site needs to be moved to our secure SSL server.
This SSL update is important because:
- Your users including clients may see a message advising that your site is unsafe.
- Knowing your site is secure builds trust for your users (and helps with GDPR compliance).
- Social sites are likely to block connections coming from http sites in the future and this would affect the ability to setup services for that site and to post to or retrieve information for existing services.
- Some features will start requiring a https connection. Currently, this only applies to the Chrome extension / bookmarklet as this is needed for this feature to work on https sites.
What does SSL mean?
SSL provides a secure channel between two machines or devices operating over the internet or an internal network. One common example is when SSL is used to secure communication between a web browser and a web server. This turns a website's address from HTTP to HTTPS, the ‘S’ standing for ‘secure’.
Is there a cost?
No, we will not be applying any fees or charges to cover the change.
What’s needed on my end?
The CNames for your White Label will need to be updated. To do this:
- Login to your Domain’s registrar
2. Now, access the DNS Manager / DNS Settings / DNS Dashboard / Control Panel or C Panel (the interface will be different depending on the registrar).
3. Locate the Cnames that you have created when setting up your White Label
4. Change the url d2l5ppwntr6d2n.cloudfront.net to app.socialcloudfront.com
5. Change the url whitelabel.sendible.com to api.socialcloudfront.com.
6. Please ‘Save’ the changes.
When should I do this?
- There will be a slight downtime once you update the URLs. This means you will not be able to log into your White Label for a period of time (this can vary by hosting provider) but don’t worry, everything set up on your White Label will still work, eg. posts will still be sent out, reporting data collected, etc. Because of this, we highly recommend that you update the URLs outside of your normal working hours.
- We recommend that you make the update to your Cnames as close a possible to the date we have advised we will be moving your White Label to our SSL Server. Otherwise, you will lose access to Google Features such as Google Drive, Google+ and YouTube until we have made the update on our end.
Will posts still be sent out during the downtime?
Yes, as this is handled by our backend, this does not rely on the White Label being accessible and posts will still be sent out as normal during this time.