What can I try if I'm not able to add or reconnect an Instagram profile?
There are some steps that you can take if you're having trouble adding or reconnecting an Instagram profile, such as if it does not appear in the menu after you've been directed to grant permission to the Sendible app on Facebook.
- You must be an Admin of the Facebook Page connected to your Instagram account. Editor access is not sufficient.
- Instagram does not allow for direct posting to personal Instagram accounts. You won't be able to connect those to Sendible. Only Professional (Business or Creator) Instagram accounts will connect.
- The initial basic steps in this article cover managing Instagram accounts through Meta Business Suite. If you've gone through the steps already but are still unable to add or reconnect an Instagram profile successfully, please see this article for further instructions.
Is your Instagram account a Professional account?
If not, please switch your account to an Instagram Professional account.
- Go to your profile and click the menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Settings and privacy ⚙️
- Select Account type and tools
- Tap Switch to Professional account
If your account is a Professional account, please reauthorise the connection between Facebook and Instagram.
- Go to Settings and privacy ⚙️
- Select Business/Creator tools and controls, tap Switch account type, then tap Switch to personal account
- Go back to Settings and privacy ⚙️
- Select Account type and tools and tap Switch to Professional account
Reconnect the Instagram profile in Sendible
For steps to reconnect the Instagram Professional profile in Sendible, please look at Reconnect Instagram Professional profile(s).
Check for a confirm connection message on Meta Business Suite
When the Instagram account is initially connected to a Facebook Page, Facebook may require you to review the connection before using other third-party applications. Due to a new recent Facebook update, this must now take place in Business Suite.
To do this, please go to https://business.facebook.com/ and select your Facebook page that the Instagram account is connected to from the dropdown in the top left.
If you see the notification, 'Some features will be unavailable until you confirm that people who manage your Facebook Page can also manage your Instagram account.', select the 'Get Started' button and follow the prompts.
Is your Instagram account connected to the correct Facebook Page?
After activating your Instagram account, it is essential to check if you have connected your Instagram to the correct Facebook Page. Although the setting may show as connected on Facebook, you should still verify the connection from Instagram’s end.
To verify, go to your profile via the Instagram mobile app and click on Edit Profile. Click the name of the connected Facebook Page in the Business Information section. Check that the correct Facebook Page is selected.
Check the username and name of the Instagram account on the Facebook Page.
Do you have Admin access to the Facebook Page?
Admin access is required to connect an Instagram profile. To confirm that you are an Admin on the Facebook Page, please go to the associated Facebook Page > select Settings > select Page Roles.
Your role must show as Admin here. If you don’t have Admin access, contact an Admin or the Page Owner.
For Facebook New Page Experience Pages, you'll need to switch to the Facebook Page, then select Professional Dashboard from the left, and Page Access. Here you will see if you're listed as an Administrator under 'People with Facebook Access'. If you have been given access via Business Manager, your user account will not appear in this section.
If you have Admin access on the Facebook Page and still cannot connect your Profile, please check your Meta Business Manager settings.
Is your Meta Business Manager set up for this profile?
How do you have access to this Instagram account? To manage your clients' Instagram accounts, you will need to do the following:
- Check if you are an Admin on the Meta Business Manager that owns the Facebook Page
- If not, check if you are a Partner on Meta Business Manager with the Business Manager that does own the Facebook Page and have been given Admin access via the Partner option
- Check if the business's Facebook Page is added as an Asset
If the business's Facebook Page is an asset in a Business Manager account that you do not have access to, you will need them to share the Facebook Page with you via a Partnership in Business Manager.
To confirm that you have Partner access, please see the following Facebook article: Give a partner access to your business manager’s assets.
Remove access within Facebook's Business Integrations
Sometimes the access token will need to be renewed with Instagram. To do this, please review our guide on removing access within Facebook: Remove or revoke Sendible's access to social sites.
Note: As we update the messaging within Sendible to reflect the inclusion of Creator profiles, you may still see references to only ‘Instagram Business'.
Still an issue?
No worries! We can take it from here.
Please submit a support ticket and be sure to mention you have gone through the typical troubleshooting steps. In addition, providing screenshots and including where you were and the steps you took when the issue happened will help us resolve it more quickly!