Add an Instagram Reminder profile
- Go to Profiles > Add Profiles > Instagram to add an Instagram Reminder profile.
- At the time of the scheduled post, you can either receive a notification on your phone or by email as a reminder to publish the post to Instagram manually.
- This profile doesn't support direct posting to Instagram. For more information on how this works and why this is useful in some cases, please see What are the differences between Instagram Business and Instagram Reminder profiles?
- The Instagram API does not support filters or Instagram Story posts through direct publishing. If you want to use these features, an Instagram Reminder profile can help you do that.
- To post Instagram image carousels, see this article.
- No reporting data can be returned for Instagram Reminder profiles. Please set up an Instagram Business profile for the related Instagram account to see it in reports.
- Head over to Profiles > Add Profiles > Instagram to add an Instagram Business profile.
- Click on Set up an Instagram reminder.
- In the next series of screens, the dashboard will walk you through what you need to set up your Instagram Reminder profile:
- You will be prompted to add an Instagram Reminder name for internal purposes. As default, push notifications will be sent to you on your phone through the Sendible Engage app. If you do not want to use the Sendible mobile app to receive push notifications, you have the option for them to be sent to you by email.
Note: There is a limit of five email addresses where you can send push notifications.
- Other team members can receive Instagram Reminder push notifications.
In order for that to happen, the Instagram Reminder profile needs to be shared with the team member for that team member to appear in the Instagram Reminder profile settings. For extra information please check out the following article: Transfer and share profiles
Once the profile has been shared, the Instagram Reminder profile needs to be edited and their name needs to be selected for the push notification to go to this user.
To do this head over to Profiles>My Profiles>edit the Instagram reminder profile:
Posting from a push notification on your phone
- At the scheduled the time, you will receive your push notification via our Sendible Engage app.
- Once you click the notification, the Sendible Engage app will save the image to your phone's photo library, place the post's text on the clipboard, and forward the image to the Instagram mobile app for posting.
- Once in the Instagram app, you can publish the post like any other Instagram post by choosing the image(s) or video that you want to include, pasting the text into the caption of the post, and then sending it as usual.
Posting from an email notification
- If you have selected the email notification option, the recipient(s) you specified when you set up the Instagram Reminder profile will receive an email notifying them that the attached image(s) or video needs to be uploaded to Instagram.
- You will need to then manually copy both the text and the image(s) or video for use in Instagram, whether you publish through the desktop or the mobile Instagram app.