Set up a Permissions Group
Permissions groups allow you to restrict certain areas of the dashboard for certain users under your account. For example, if you don't want one of your users accessing the 'Reports' area of the dashboard to view reports, you can set up a permissions group specifically for this and apply that permissions group to one or more users.
Creating a Permissions Group
- Click on the Username on the top right-hand side of any page and then select Manage Users in the menu.
- Select Permissions from the menu to the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on the + icon to set up a new group of Permissions.
- Give your Permissions Group a name. This can refer to the type of users those permissions will be applied to such as ‘Content Writers’. Once you’ve given your group a name, click the Create Group button.
- You can select the option to Rename or Clone a Permissions Group by selecting the More option.
- You can also Delete a Permissions Group by clicking on the bin icon. When deleting a Permissions Group you receive a warning box asking you to be sure you want to completely delete the Permissions Group.
- You can use the Select All option to set the permissions options to all available, or completely deselect the currently chosen settings.
- Click on the box to the left of a Feature or Dashboard Area to make it available or unavailable. Ticked options mean that users who have this Permissions Group applied will have access to those options. If the option is unpicked, they will not be able to access that feature or area of the Dashboard.
- In this example, the "Client" Permissions Group cannot View & Create Reports nor can they work with Profiles, but they are able to view and engage with the Priority Inbox and Social Feeds. A user who has this Permissions Group applied cannot View or Create Reports.
- When you’re happy with the settings for that Permissions Group, select the Apply button.
Applying a permissions group
- To apply this Permissions Group to a particular user select Edit on the user from the User List.
- Select the Permissions option and then the new Permissions Group you created.
- Once selected choose the option to Update User.
Areas that can be restricted
Publishing & Scheduling Permissions
- Compose new messages
- Message queues
- Scheduling of messages
Restricting this will result in your user not being able to compose, schedule or queue messages.
- View & create reports
Restricting this will result in your user not being able to view and create reports.
- Manage Lists
- Create/update profiles & lists
Restricting this will result in your user not being able to create and update profiles and/or profile lists.
- My Content
- RSS Feeds
Restricting this will result in your user not being able to add content to their content library, or set up RSS feeds and RSS auto posters.