View and use the calendar
This article covers how you can use the calendar to see an overview of the posts you and the other users have created and how you can create messages directly when viewing the calendar. The calendar will display Scheduled, Sent and Queued posts and drafts you’ve made (if they have a scheduled date) and any messages sent for approval before they’re posted.
- Select the Publish tab from the top navigation and select calendar from the drop-down to view the calendar. You can also access the Calendar option from the left sidebar when in another area of the Publish section.
- Select the Refresh option to refresh the calendar if a message isn’t displayed.
- The Print option allows you to print the calendar view in a print-friendly format. Using this option, you can also save the calendar as a PDF using the “Save as PDF” option when selecting a printer. The calendar view is a great way to show clients the posts you’ve created for them.
- Use the Filter option to select other users on your account so that you can view their scheduled messages alongside yours.
- You can also use the Profile Filter to view messages scheduled to be sent to just a specific profile or Profile List.
- Use arrows on either side of the date displayed at the top of the calendar to move forward or backwards.
- Select to view either Scheduled, Queued or Sent messages. If you select to view messages in a Queue, you’ll need to choose the relevant Queue you want to view messages for.
- The Overview option allows users to select both scheduled messages for multiple users and messages in Queues simultaneously.
- You can search for a specific user account to see the scheduled messages for using the search option.
- When you’ve ticked the boxes opposite the user accounts you wish to view scheduled messages for and any Queues you also want to see messages for, click the Apply button and messages will then be displayed in the calendar accordingly.
- You can drag-and-drop a post in the calendar to change its scheduled day.
Tip: You can’t click and drag messages to a different day if the message is set to repeat.
- To view more information about a scheduled message, for example, you’re viewing messages in the monthly format, click the message for a pop-up to be displayed. You can also edit a message by clicking the Edit button.
- Clicking on an empty slot in the calendar when viewing Scheduled or Queued messages will prompt the Compose Box to be displayed so that you can schedule a message for that day.
- You can also select to view messages by Month, Week or Day, which helps focus on posts scheduled or queued for a specific week or day.
- When filtering by users, the border colour and initials corner will change according to the account colour set within their user settings and their account initials.
Tip: Message colours are based on the colour of the social network: blue for Facebook, red for Instagram, etc.
- You can set different colours for each user under Settings > Users > Edit > Account. This will need to be set or changed by an Admin.
- Posts sent for approval are displayed in a greyed-out view with the title “For Approval”. You can either delete it or edit and schedule/send it back for approval by clicking on the post. If the post looks great and you decide to schedule it, it will then display as a scheduled post.
- Posts still in the draft stage will be displayed as greyed out with the title “Draft”. By clicking on a draft post, you can delete the message or edit and schedule it.
See it in action
You can learn more about working with the calendar in this video.