Edit, share, or delete a Queue
This article covers Smart Queues which are a great way to share evergreen content - content that isn't time-specific. You can find out more about how best to use Queues in your social media strategy here. This article will walk you through adding, editing, sharing and deleting a queue.
How to create a new Queue
- Select the Publish tab and then select Queues from the list to the left.
- If you haven’t already added a Queue you’ll be directed to add your first Queue, to create a new Queue, select the New Queue button.
Adding settings for a Queue
- Give your Queue a Name.
- Select whether messages in your Queue will be Recycled. This means that when you add a message to that Queue, it will be repeated until you Delete the message and any repeats from the Queue or the Queue itself.
Note: We suggest that you only set a Queue to repeat if you will be regularly adding new messages to a Queue.
- Contributors are other users who can use that Queue. Select from the drop-down menu who can view and add messages to a Queue from the other users in your User Group.
Tip: To share this queue with another user select the user within the Contributors option. If the contributor is not seeing the queue within their dashboard, they would need to reset the Sendible Cache.
- To start adding times to a Queue select the Day of the week you want to add times for.
- You can manually add a time or you can select an optimal time.
Note: Optimal times will only be calculated once you have been posting to posting profiles for 2-3 weeks so that the system has time to calculate this data. Also, Optimal Times will take into account the Best Time to Post for all posting profiles linked to that user account, not for just a particular profile. For more information on optimal times, please see this page.
- To delete a time slot, select the X icon.
- To add another time slot for that day, select the + icon.
- Once you’ve added your time slot for every day and time you want messages to be sent, select the Save button.
Tip: If you ever want to pause your Queue(s), you'll just need to edit that Queue and remove the time slots you added previously. Any posts that are still in that Queue will then only be sent out when you add time slots to that Queue again.
- When viewing your Queue, you can select in Bulk and Delete in bulk.
- Using the More option you can export your Queued messages to a CSV or Import in Bulk.
- You can also Refresh the page if your Queued message isn’t displayed yet.
- Using this button will randomly shuffle messages within the queue.
- Use the Filter option to filter by User.
- You can also search for a specific message using one or more Keywords from the body of the message or by the Profile or List name.
- You can also select from your other Queues and Queues where you’ve been added as a Contributor.
- Using the options directly on a message, you can Delete, Edit and Repost that message as well as moving it to the top or the bottom of the Queue. If you want to rearrange your Queued messages, you can also drag and drop them.
- The Initials display the name of the user account that has Queued the message.
How to edit or delete a Queue
- To Edit or Delete a Queue, hover over the name of the Queue in the Queue List and the Edit and Delete icon for that Queue will be displayed. If you select to Edit the Queue, the pop-up window from above will appear.
Important: If the queue has been shared with another user and you want to delete the queue, we don’t currently support transferring of Queues to another user. If this would be useful to you, upvote this idea!