Set up geotargeting for a Facebook Fan Page
This page covers adding geotargeting settings for a Facebook Fan Page profile. If you haven't already, please see this page first which covers setting up a Facebook Page profile.
Caution: If you want to have different geotargeting settings for the same Facebook Page, you'll need to set up multiple Facebook Page profiles for that Facebook Page - each with its own geotargeting settings.
- When first setting up or editing a Facebook Fan Page posting profile, where geotargeting is listed, select the Edit option.
- From the Countries list, select the country you want to target.
- Once you’ve selected the country in the drop-down menu if you want to target the entire country, select the appropriate Country (all regions) option.
Note: This is required even if you only want to post to specific regions in that country.
- Once you’ve highlighted this option, select the Add button so that this is added to the Selected Criteria box.
- If you want to target specific areas within a region, highlight the specific area name in the Regions drop-down menu and use the Add button to add it to the Selected Criteria box. If you’re looking to post to a number of areas be sure to click the Add button for each one.
- You can also choose for your posts to only be visible to users based on the language selected on their profile. Select the Languages field then highlight the appropriate language.
- Then use the Add button to add the language to the Selected Criteria box.
Note: Facebook only allows you to set up geotargeting in the following ways:
- Multiple countries only
- One country with multiple regions only (no specific cities)
- One country with one region and multiple cities.
- Once you’re happy with the geotargeting settings for that profile, click the OK button.