Please note, this service will no longer be available as of the 20th of March, 2018. Any existing services will be removed. See here for more information.
1. Select Services at the top of the Dashboard and then select the Apps option to the right.
2. Where the Twitter Auto Retweet service is listed, select Add.
3. Give the service a description.
4. Choose which Twitter account you want the automation to apply to.
5. Now you’ll have to define the main term/s you want to search for. For the main ‘All of these words’ field, you will need to add the main keyword/s you’re looking for. Please note: all of the terms will need to be included in the tweet in order to be brought through. So, for example, if you’re searching for results based on a particular company, in this case we’ll use McDonald’s, than this is the word that should be added. If you also wanted results for other restaurants, these should be set up as separate searches as if you added ‘McDonald’s, Burger King’ than the tweet would need to include both mentions of McDonald's and Burger King in order to be picked up. The system will then Retweet any Tweets that match these words and your other settings.
6. In the Any of these words (Optional): field, you can include additional words which need to be included in the Tweet in order for it to be retweeted. This is called an inclusion field. So, for example, if the main word you’re searching for is ‘Starbucks’ but you also want to ensure that the Tweet mentions ‘coffee’ you should include ‘coffee’ in this field.
7. In the None of these words (Optional): field you can include words that should not be included in the Tweet in order for it to be retweeted. So, for example, if the main word you’re searching for is ‘Starbucks’ but you don’t want to retweet Tweets that also include the word ‘tea’ you should add ‘tea’ into this field.
8. You can also choose to retweet just a specific Twitter user or users. You’ll need to add in the Twitter handle of the relevant account. So, if I wanted to just retweet tweets from Sendible’s Twitter account, this would be added as ‘Sendible’ without the @ symbol.
9. You can also choose to exclude certain users. Please add the handles for the relevant account/s as above.
8. Set how often you want the system to search for Tweets that match your settings and the maximum number of Tweets to send out each time this search is made. Please note: this will be dependant on the amount of relevant Tweets that can be found on Twitter so if, for example, you’ve selected 3 but there are only two relevant matches in the time the system has checked, only 2 retweets will be sent out.
9. Select whether you only want to reply to Tweets that match a particular sentiment. Please note: as the system determines the sentiment of a Tweet, it may not always be entirely accurate as it cannot pick up on things such as sarcasm or slang.
10. Select which language the Tweets you want to retweet to should be in.
14. If you only want to reply to Twitter users within a specific area or location, you can add the Country, City or town or provide a specific Longitude or Latitude. You can also select the distance around that area you want to include. Please note: this is dependent on the Twitter users tweeting tweets which match your search having correct location information on their Twitter profile.
15. You can then also select whether you want to receive email notifications when you follow retweet Tweets. Put the email address/es you want to receive these email notifications into the text box provided.
13. Lastly, you can Activate or Pause an automation to meet your needs. When you’re ready, click the Save Settings button.