In Sendible you can create Keyword and Brand Monitors in two ways by either adding a Service or through the Monitor > Keywords screen. There are a number of way to use Keyword and Brand monitors within Sendible and we have a blog post exploring the different way these can be used.
For further steps on how to use Keyword and Brand Monitoring please see the following article:
Adding A Keyword And Brand Monitor Through The Services Screen
1.To set up a Keyword and Brand Monitor using the Services screen firstly please navigate to Services at the top of the Dashboard and then click Add Services.
2. On the left hand side choose the option for Monitoring.
3. Select Add where Brand & Keyword is listed.
Adding Keyword And Brand Monitor Through The Monitor > Keyword Option
4. You can also set up a Keyword and Brand Monitor by going to Monitor > Keywords.
5. Click on the New Monitor button.
6. Select the option for Keywords
Keyword And Brand Monitor Settings
7. The first thing you will want to do is add a name for the Monitor this can be added in the Description field.
8. Now you’ll have to define your keywords you want to monitor. For the Has one of these terms field, you will need to add the main keyword/s you’re looking for. You should add a maximum of 5 - 6 words and/or phrases and these should be the main focus or your search such as the company name or the main topic you're looking for results about.
9. In the Has Any of these words (Optional) field, you can include additional words which need to be included in the post, article, etc. This is called an inclusion field. So, for example, if the main word you’re searching for is ‘McDonalds’ but you also want to ensure that the article, post or similar mentions ‘burger’ or ‘fries’ you should include ‘burger, fries’ in this field.
10. In the Doesn’t have these words (Optional) field you can include words that should not be included in the post, article, etc. So, for example, if the main word you’re searching for is ‘McDonalds’’ but you don’t want to receive results that also include the word ‘healthy’ you should add ‘healthy’ into this field.
11. The Exclude mentions with curse words from results (Optional) can be used to exclude mentions relating to your Monitor search that includes curse words. This can either be set to Yes or No, by default the option is No.
12. In the Google Alerts Feed (Optional) field you can add a Google alerts RSS Feed to get latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.), based on your queries.
Please see the following article on how to create a Google Alert for Monitoring;
13. You can also select whether you only want to receive results from a particular country by editing the Only from this country setting.
If you set location settings, only results from Twitter will be brought though as Twitter is the only site that currently supports this.
The results of this location filtering will be affected by whether or not someone has added this information correctly on their Twitter profile.
14. If you do want to receive results from just a particular location, you can narrow this down to a particular area or city in that Country using the Location option by typing in the name of the location and then selecting Locate Place.
15. You can also narrow the results for this Monitor further by using the Within this distance (miles).
these fields cannot be left blank. If, however you don’t select a specific Country or Location, they will not be taken into account.
If you’ve selected a very small radius around a specific location, you may find that few results are returned so we would advise widening the radius if this is the case.
16. Using the Email Notifications you can set types of email notifications you would like to receive, including options of notifications for Negative and Positive monitor results.
17. Using the Send email notifications to you can add the email addresses of those you’d like to receive the mention alerts.
Emails addresses used to send Monitor Notifications do not need to be already associated with a Sendible account.
18. When you’ve finished adding your settings, make sure to select the option to Save Settings.
Once you've saved your settings, it will take at least 1 - 2 hours for results to start being displayed.