Add a Twitter Search social feed
A Twitter Search social feed allows you to monitor Twitter for specific keywords. You can also specify whether you want to monitor specific Twitter accounts or exclude specific Twitter accounts from the search feed.
- Select Profiles > Add Profiles and select Monitoring from the right-side menu.
- Go to Twitter Search and click Add.
Defining your search
You'll then see a screen where you can define the parameters of your search.
- Add a description in the text box to help you remember what your search is about. This will only appear within Sendible.
- Next, define the term(s) you want to search for. Then add those keywords to the All of these words field.
Note: ALL of these terms will need to be in a Tweet for it to be brought through to the feed. For example, if you’re searching for results based on a particular company, in this case we’ll use McDonald’s, then "McDonald's" is the word that should be added. But if you add "McDonald’s, Burger King" to this field, then only Tweets that include both "McDonald's" AND "Burger King" would be picked up.
- In the Any of these words (optional) field, you can include multiple words, but only one needs to be included in the Tweet for it to appear in the search. For example, if you add "McDonald’s, Burger King" to this field, Tweets that include only the word "McDonald's" will be included, as will Tweets that only mention "Burger King". And Tweets that mention both "McDonald's" and "Burger King" will be included too.
- In the None of these words (optional) field, you can include words that should not be included in the search results. So, for example, if you entered "McDonald's" in All of these words field but you don’t want to receive results that also include the word "farm" (to eliminate posts about "Old McDonald's farm") you should add "farm" into this field.
- You can also choose to receive results from a specific Twitter account or multiple specific accounts. You’ll need to add the Twitter handle of the relevant account(s). For instance, if you only wanted to receive results from Sendible’s Twitter account, add "Sendible", without the @ symbol.
- In the same way, you can choose to exclude results from certain accounts. Please add the handles (again, without the @ symbol) for the account(s) that you do not want to be included in the results.
- Once you’re happy with your choices, click Save Settings.
- A Social Feed displaying results for this search will then be available under Activity > Social Feeds.