Sendible has an integration with Snip.ly and this article will outline how it is to be used in Sendible.
1. In the Compose Box, you’ll first need to add the link you want to insert your message/call to action to into the text area.
2. Next, select the Snip.ly icon.
3. If you don’t already have a Snip.ly account, you can sign up for a free trial using your Twitter or Facebook account.
Snip.ly provides a 14-day free trial, to view their pricing, click here.
4. Alternatively, you’ll need to provide the name, email address and password that you want to use for your Snip.ly account.
5. If you already have a Snip.ly account, you can log in using the option provided (you may need to scroll down for this to be displayed).
6. You can edit some settings for your Snip.ly account through Sendible by clicking the cog icon, such as the Display Name, User Image and the Website URL linked to your Snip.ly account.
By default, this information will be pulled from your Twitter or Facebook profile if you’ve used either to sign up to Snip.ly.
7. From the drop-down menu, select whether you want to create a new Call-To-Action or one that you’ve used previously.
8. You can then select whether you want the message/call-to-action whether to be displayed as a link or a button.
9. You can also change the theme being used to fit in with your branding or similar.
10. Type in the message you want to be displayed when someone clicks the link you included in the Compose Box and are taken to that page.
11. You’ll then need to include the text you want overlaid on that page where users can click to be taken to a second page.
12. You can then add the additional page you want to send them to. (For example, your link text could say ‘Click here for more information’ and then you could include the URL for a pricing page or similar.)
13. With this option, you can switch to another Snipl.ly Account.
14. Here you can see the preview of how your Call-To-Action will look like.
15. When you’re happy with your settings, select the Create Snip button.
If for example your link was shortened by Bit.ly, in the Compose Box this will have been updated so that an altered link will be present.
Your link will not display Snip.ly or similar, as Snip.ly is not a link shortener. For more information about Snip.ly, please click here.