This article covers using our Sendible Bookmarklet / Chrome Extension which allows you to easily Send or Schedule content you come across whilst browsing the web without having to open the Sendible site or copy and paste text and links, etc.
Edge: Currently, the Bookmarklet is not supported in Edge as they do not provide a Bookmarks toolbar. Please consider using another browser in this case. Safari: In Safari the Bookmarks tab needs to be opened on the side first and the Bookmarklet will be available in Favourites option after it's been dragged onto this toolbar.
Adding the Sendible Bookmarklet (in browsers other than Google Chrome)
1. To add the Bookmarklet to your browser, first select Your Name on the top right of the screen.
2. Then click on the Sendible Bookmarklet option and drag this onto your toolbar.
3. The Sendible Bookmarklet will then be available on your bookmarks toolbar when you’re browsing the web. When you come across an article, page or similar and you want to share this on your social channels, click on the Sendible Bookmarklet on your toolbar.
Some sites are protected therefore, they do not allow us to pull necessary data and in these cases, the bookmarklet may not open.
4. When you come across an article, page or similar and you want to share this on your social channels, click on the Sendible Bookmarklet on your toolbar.
5. A pop-up will drop down from the top of the screen. If you’re not already logged into your Sendible account, the system will prompt you to sign in.
Posting the shared article from the Compose box
6. You can also access the Scheduling and Queuing options, Customize your URL, Attach an image, etc.
The only options not available in this Compose Box are the Content and Bulk Scheduling options.
7. You can also Save that post to your Drafts or Content Library, Send it for approval, Send it out right away, Schedule it for a later time or add the message to a Queue.
Adding the Sendible Chrome Extension in Google Chrome
8. If you’re using Google Chrome, you will find the Sendible Chrome extension option in your Settings as well. To access your Settings click on the Username on the top right of the dashboard.
9. Then click on Get the Sendible Chrome Extension. This will open up the Chrome Web Store in a new tab.
10. On the Chrome Web Store page, select the Add to Chrome button.
11. When prompted in the pop up window, click Add extension.
12. Once this is installed, the Sendible icon will be added to the top right hand side of your Chrome browser.
13. This will act in the same way as the Bookmarklet option, just click on the Sendible extension icon when you come across an article, page, etc. that you want to share on your channels for the Compose box to appear.