How do I include a link in my post?
This article covers adding a link to your post and provides an overview of what's displayed within the Compose Box to give you an overview of what your link preview will look like when posted.
Links and Link Preview basics
1. Start typing or paste your URL into the Compose Box.
2. The system will automatically generate text from the URL and shorten your URL based on the link shortener you’ve selected to use on your account. By shortening links, we're able to track data on those links using Bit.ly so that, for example, you can see data around how many times that link has been clicked.
3. The system will also automatically generate a link preview. You can choose to cancel this preview by selecting the ‘x’ icon. This will remove the link preview in most cases unless this is handled by the social site directly or you have a specific link preview option specified on for one or more of the profiles you've selected.
Not all social sites or similar support link previews and that link previews can be affected by factors external to Sendible. So, for example,Twitter cards which is Twitter’s version of a link preview will only display a link preview if Twitter card information has been added to the site you’re linking to as this is not something we can control currently. Please click here for more information.
Verified Facebook Pages
For verified Facebook Pages you also have the ability to edit your link preview:
Only verified domains can post customized link previews to Facebook Pages. Your changes will only be applied if you own the domain and have verified it.
4. Add a profile and a link to your compose box.
5. Switch to the Facebook tab.
6. To edit the title of the preview click on the title text in bold.
7. You can edit the paragraph text by clicking on this text box.
8. You can select which image you want to include from that URL by using the directional arrows.