Queue a message
This article covers how to add a message to a Queue from the Compose Box. Queues allow you to easily group posts of a similar theme into campaigns and keep your content schedule full with curated, evergreen content. For full instructions on setting up a Queue, please see this page. For more information on how to utilise Queues to optimise your posting, see this page.
Queuing your message
- When you've added all the content, etc., to your message, select the Queue icon.
- You can then select the Queue you want to add your message to in the Smart Queue drop-down menu.
- You can create a new Queue by clicking the + icon.
- Alternatively, you can edit the settings for the selected Queue by clicking on Settings.
Including multiple social profiles in a Queue message
If you include multiple social profiles when you add your post to a Queue, it will only take one timeslot in the Queue as long as you don't make edits specific to one or more social platforms on the Smart Tabs. If no edits are made, the post will go out to each social profile at the scheduled time.
However, if you do make edits specific to one or more social profiles, that will create multiple variations, which are separate posts. They will then take up different time slots in the Queue and not all be sent out at the same time.
How to set up a new Queue
- If you choose to edit the Settings for a queue or you want to create a new Queue, the following popup will appear. You can add/edit your Queue name in the Queue Name box.
- Turning the Recycle Messages option On will mean that messages you add to that Queue are reused when all the messages in a queue have been posted out and will continue to be used until you delete them from the Queue or turn this setting to Off.
- You can also choose who has access to add messages to a queue by including them in the Contributors box.
- You can change the time slot settings for a particular day by selecting that day from the menu.
- To edit or add a specific time slot, just click on it and select the time or type it in.
- Alternatively, you can load the Optimum Times for a particular day of the week by selecting the Clock icon.
Note: These Optimum Times will only be available once you have been posting through Sendible for long enough that the system has been able to calculate these times based on the engagement, reposting, etc. of your messages across all the profiles you post to on that user account.
- To remove a time slot, select the x icon.
- To add a new time slot, select the + icon.
- Once you have set up your Queue, click Save.
Adding your message to your Queue
- Once you've selected your Queue and edited any settings for that Queue, select Add to Queue.
Posts with multiple variations
If you have composed a post with multiple variations, such as shown below, multiple posts will be created when you add that post to the Queue.
That means that a post will be sent to a single social profile in the next available time slot and another post to a single social profile will be sent to the time slot after that. So a post with multiple variations will take up multiple time slots in the Queue.
If you do not have multiple variations for your post it will be sent to all the included social profiles in the next available time slot. So a post with multiple social profiles but no variations will take up one slot in the Queue.