About time zones and your posts
To ensure your posts are published at the right time, Sendible provides several options for setting time zones. This document will cover the different aspects of Sendible's use of time zones and how you can best use them.
- You can set your account's time zone in Settings > Timezone
- If you manage clients/profiles with audiences in different time zones, setting up user accounts for each time zone is recommended.
- Optimal Times may not be relevant if you manage clients/profiles with audiences in different time zones.
Setting the time zone for your dashboard
When you first set up your Sendible account, you will be asked to set your dashboard time zone. This is the time zone that will be used to display all activity on your dashboard, including scheduled posts, messages, and analytics. To set your dashboard time zone, go to your account settings and select the "Time Zone" tab. From there, you can select your time zone from a drop-down menu.
- Navigate to https://app.sendible.com/
- Click on the account name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click "Timezone"
- Click the Timezone drop-down and choose the appropriate location.
- If needed, choose the exact time zone from the second drop-down list.
- Click "APPLY"
Different users with different time zones on your account
If you have multiple users on your Sendible account, each user can have their own time zone settings. This will affect how posts appear on your dashboard if they were scheduled by another user with a different time zone. For example, if a post was scheduled for 3 p.m. GMT by a user in London, but your dashboard time zone is set to EST, the post will appear on your dashboard as scheduled for 10 a.m.
To ensure that posts appear correctly on your dashboard, it's essential to communicate with other users on your account about time zone settings. If needed, you can also adjust individual posts by editing the post and changing the scheduled time.
The "Would you like to apply this timezone to your scheduled messages?" option
When you select a time zone for your account, Sendible will ask if you want to apply this time zone to your scheduled messages. If you select "yes," all future scheduled posts will be changed to reflect the new time zone. For example, if you switch the time zone from London to New York, the time of a post scheduled for 3 p.m. GMT will now be displayed on the calendar at 10 a.m. EST.
Note: This setting will reset to 'No' every time you open the time zone settings. This is expected as it is a one-time adjustment for existing scheduled posts when the time zone is changed.
Computer time zone vs dashboard time zone
It's important to note that your computer's time zone may differ from your Sendible dashboard time zone. This can affect how posts appear on your dashboard if you create or schedule posts from different devices. For example, if you create a post on your laptop while travelling in a different time zone, the post may appear on your dashboard as scheduled for a different time than expected.
To avoid this issue, it's recommended to use a consistent time zone across all devices and to check your scheduled posts on your dashboard to ensure they are scheduled for the correct time.
If you're experiencing issues with time zones on Sendible, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Some users have reported issues with specific time zones on Sendible. Switching to a UTC- or location-based time zone or vice versa may resolve the issue.
- If you're experiencing issues with a specific time zone, try changing it to a different time zone, saving that, and then changing it back again.
- Contact Sendible support: If you're still experiencing issues with time zones on Sendible, contact Sendible support for assistance.
By understanding how Sendible uses time zones and following best practices for setting and managing time zones, you can ensure that your posts are published at the right time and avoid any scheduling issues.